I love to cook and I love to eat! This is a photo blog of things I have eaten out or cooked myself ^^

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sheep go baa~

Two face bentos in a week? I must be crazy!

But the picture of the sheep was soo damn cute I had to do it, and I wanted my first use of quail eggs to be awesome~ The sheep idea is from the Yum-Yum Bento Box: Fresh Recipes for Adorable Lunches

Menu: Spam hash brown, bacon potato mash, sweet pickled capsicum, rice made to look like a sheep, and broccoli and tomatoes.



Now I wanted to keep the second layer simple, just a mix of easy dishes and stuff I had around. But the first layer with the sheep was my main focus and again simple over complex. The idea was to have the cute sheep in the middle of a "field" of broccoli with mini tomatoes (from the garden too!) to add colour. And finally carrot flowers to tie the two together and add a splash of colour.

PS Landrins bento is in the photo and as its a bit bigger then mine I added saltants to take up more space and be a sweet snack.

Now to munch as I am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment